Well, technology did it again. I get so excited to try new programs, and then I get stuck on the second step. Today I was following the instructions to make my name which you see above, and boom! Right away there is a step that I cannot figure out. So what happens? I try and try, try a different way, reread the instructions and I still cannot figure it out. Eventually, with help from a classmate, I figure it out. That process made me so frustrated, mainly frustrated because every time I try something new with technology it seems so simple but then I can’t do it. Or it takes longer than I feel it should.

Do I feel this way because I grew up in the country and did not use technology as much as other millenials? Do I feel this way because I am not great at having patience? Or is it because I feel stupid when I try to learn it? Hmmm maybe I should talk to my therapist about this one!

Multi-Access Learning / Blended / Flipped Learning 

Today in class we had a great guest speak! The speaker really got me thinking about all the pros and cons of utilizing technology in the classroom. For the sake of this post I am going to reflect on this class and how it is HyFlex.

I am very grateful for how flexible this course is. We can attend face to face, we can attend on zoom, and we also have open access to the plan for the week. So if zoom or in-person do not work you are still able to complete all coursework and miss a minimal amount. Today I was reflecting on how amazing this is for us as students, but also how difficult it is for our professor. Maybe difficult is not the right word, but more time-consuming for sure! My professor has to spend time each week preparing pre-class activities, during class time activities, and helpful points for our homework. In theory, after the course work is created, it should be easier to repeat this course, only having to make minor changes along the way. However, it is ALOT of work getting the course up and running. However, I know my classmates and I are very grateful. This approach takes the stress off when you are feeling unwell or maybe you have a sick dog to attend to. This works due to the nature of the course and the demographic (everyone has access to wifi and a laptop). Below I have inserted pictures from activities completed during our guest lecture.